Join us for Thursday and Friday sessions on February 13-14, the Saturday conference on February 15, or both at a special discounted rate.
The São Paulo campus of Avenues: The World School is proud to present the 2020 New School of Thought Institute conference, an opportunity for educators of all backgrounds and affiliations to come together for a deep dive into student-centered learning.
About the New School of Thought Institute
We recognize students for who they are. We celebrate them for who they might become. We equip them with the skill-set to go boldly in the direction of their dreams and we ground them in the reality of what it will take to get there.
At Avenues São Paulo’s New School of Thought Institute, N-12 educators and practitioners–from São Paulo and around the world–have a chance to examine and develop the student-centered learning practices that lead to purpose-driven work.
Whether you teach in a public or independent school, are a school leader or administrator, specialize in technology, media, athletics or the arts, or simply share our burning desire to better understand student-centered learning, the New School of Thought Institute is for you.
The institute is hosted by educators from Avenues São Paulo and designed for N-12 public and private school teachers, school-leaders, media and technology specialists, and anyone else who is interested in developing a deeper understanding of student-centered learning.
February 13-15, 2020
The 2020 conference will consist of two days of workshops and a daylong conference session.
Thursday and Friday (February 13-14)
Two-day deep dive into Avenues: The World School’s approach to student-centered learning.
- Classroom observation
- Peer-to-peer conversations with our faculty and staff
- Hear the perspectives of Avenues students immersed in project-based environments
- Workshops on how to take student-centered learning beyond the classroom
- Capstone event where participants present their findings
- Actionable next steps for participants’ own classrooms, schools and learning communities
Saturday (February 15)
In an all-day conference session with workshops, seminars, and simulations, participants will discover how to turn project and place-based learning initiatives into action for their own classrooms, schools and wider communities. Our objective is to:
- Showcase how great educators put students at the center of dynamic learning spaces, engaging them in work that has purpose, integrity and impact
- Provide participants with an opportunity for the practical application of these concepts with members of the Avenues student body