Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Primary Division (Shenzhen)
Position: Lead Teacher, Chinese, Primary Division - Avenues Shenzhen
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: TBD
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York, Sao Paulo, Shenzhen and offering a truly global education, will expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do given that our students in grades N-5 alternate their days between their Chinese and Target Language classrooms.
- Teacher teams composed of English and Chinese teachers share two classes of students
- Teacher teams share responsibility for teaching curriculum that promotes their students’ social, emotional and academic growth in both languages.
- Given this structure teacher teams communicate daily to plan lessons and discuss student progress
- Additionally teachers collaborate with fellow grade-level and language colleagues during weekly meetings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to design learning outcomes, monitor growth, and thoughtfully address individual student needs.
- Design innovative curriculum that engages all learners in meaningful and challenging work that cultivates real-world problem solving skills and develops social responsibility
- Deeply connect with students, colleagues and parents to vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect.
- Invoke a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to deeply value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community.
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
WHAT YOU BRING
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in Primary division with a proven track record of student learning
- Full professional proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Experience with problem-based mathematics instruction
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Deep dedication to learning and growing as an educator
- Eager to embrace change and consider new perspectives
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Candidates with diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities, like a well-defined career pathway and chances to teach abroad
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@aveneus.org.