New York, New York, United States
Avenues is seeking a Portal Administrator to join the talented Information Systems & Technology team to administer and support our Avenues OPEN community portals. As the one-stop source of news and information for the Avenues parent community, this role is critical for communications and is attractive to candidates who enjoy working across the development, creative, and academic teams to support Avenues’ mission.
The Information Systems and Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education, operations, and technology. With the advantages of modern technology and a highly-talented global team, they share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities in these two areas:
Portal Administration and Support
- Assist with portal layout and maintain functionality and content of Avenues OPEN and faculty/staff dashboards.
- Supervise content for all pages and provide assistance to faculty, staff, and parents (e.g., Avenues Parent Association) with their content.
- Ensure all communications from the portal and dashboards are maintained and executed based on templates and acceptable branding.
- Maintain status for all portal requests and provide excellent support to resolve all issues for new and existing channels and automation of all processes.
- Assist Communications with internal e-distribution
- Help develop best practices for email including structure and templates
- Develop detailed user interface documents, mock-ups, and prototypes in conjunction with the team designer to provide a greatly enhanced and usable series of content and applications.
- Perform tests on all configuration and upgrade processes and achieve all system objectives and maintain knowledge on new technology for all portal environment.
- Work with the team to develop all long-term objectives for the site and recommend enhancements to all content according to guidelines.
- Maintain an efficient portal documentation system and assist in the installation of all Portal and web-related systems.
- Assist execution of all system upgrades and applications and ensure defined information security requirements are applied to all functionality and pages.
- Monitor and analyze all system metrics and maintain optimal performance for all portals.
- Coordinate with administrators and community members to implement all operational activities and determine all web server configurations.
- Manage and configure all custom portal and dashboard applications.
- Maintain knowledge of all portal marketplace and continuous changes in industries.
- Work within the overall web and development team to ensure continuity between all web properties.
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis, operations or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in website content management
- Good understanding of usability practices, information design, hierarchical analysis, architecture design
- HTML5/CSS3 and/or experience with Finalsite a plus
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO.
- Third-Party API Experience (Twitter API, Facebook API, etc.)
- Multimedia Content Development - Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Good facilitation and a team player.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Solid interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into requirements.
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/). Be sure to include a very thoughtful cover letter with your application.
Avenues is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.