Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is a single global school with multiple interconnected campuses. It is not a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Position: School Nurse
Reports to: Director of Operations
The School Nurse at Avenues: The World School provides care for children in grades nursery through twelve, as part of a team including two other nurses.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following areas:
- Provide direct health services to students and staff, including:
- promoting a healthy school environment by monitoring immunizations and ensuring appropriate exclusion for infectious illnesses
- acting as advocate and consultant on health-related issues
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
- Contribute to the the school health program through communication and collaboration with school staff, parents, students and community resources, to ensure all faculty have relevant information on the student body.
- Report appropriate health records and communicable diseases as required by law
- Communicate clearly and proactively with parents and staff on student illnesses
- Ensure that all students’ health records and immunizations are maintained in accordance with school policy.
- Communicate with non-compliant parents.
- Contribute to the development of school health policies, including around crisis response, health office organization, training for faculty and staff, and other areas as needed
- Monitor the student body with diabetes and liaise with appropriate stake -holders
- Collaborate with faculty around field trips, to include preparation of first aid bags and preparing health alerts
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Registered professional nurse, licensed to practice
- Bachelor of science degree with three years relevant professional experience
- Experience as a school, pediatric and/or public health nurse referred
- CPR and AED certification
- Knowledge of school health programs such as immunization and other requirements
- Understanding of pediatric growth and development, allergies, and reproductive and behavioral health
- Understanding of health curriculum and instruction for children from toddler (2-year-olds) through grade 12
- Proficiency in computer operation, including office software, online research and database operation
- Proficiency in English a plus
To learn more and apply, visit http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.