São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Secondary Division (São Paulo)
Position: Arts Teacher, Secondary Division
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Start: July 2020
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues is a World School offering a trulyglobal education.We started in New York City six years ago, opened in São Paulo in August 2018, in Shenzhen China in 2019, and will be expanding to other of the world’s leading cities in the years ahead. We believe in teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. We create a culture of creativity, and deep collaboration, and utilize state-of-the-art technology throughout. We hire brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, and together we create a unique educational experience. We provide unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will help to continue and develop the Avenues São Paulo art and design program, which inspires our students to grow deeply as artists and designers.
Avenues: The World School is committed to the study of art, design and culture as part of every student’s education. Instruction in the visual arts and design and performing arts teaches vital skills that help students express their ideas about themselves and the world around them. At Avenues, talented and experienced teaching artists provide an exciting, comprehensive program of study in the following disciplines: visual arts, design and engineering, instrumental music, vocal music and theater.
We consider every student to be an artist capable of making creative connections between a wide variety of art forms and their academic disciplines. Divergent thinking, perseverance and problem solving are woven into the arts curriculum to support students as they stretch themselves, expanding their understanding of who they are and what is possible. You will work with teachers across disciplines from science and mathematics to humanities and languages to develop project-based experiences for students that allow them to think and behave like artists, no matter their field.
This position is intended to develop student’s abilities in the visual arts, including digital media, graphic design, video, drawing, painting, sculpture, and making. We are seeking teachers with a strong background in their own artistic form and a range of abilities across a variety of media in which they can engage students and foster learning across.
You will also:
- Ensure that students grow dramatically in passion, understanding and skill in their artistry
- Grow the art and design program over time, working closely with division leaders and other Avenues arts teachers
- Build a learning atmosphere that leads students to feel part of a rigorous but joyful learning community
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues to make interdisciplinary connections that deepen student learning
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Deep knowledge of, and an infectious passion for, a range of artistic styles and traditions
- Experience teaching art, with clear evidence of students' artistic growth and development
- A remarkable entrepreneurial drive, creativity and ability to bring new ideas to fruition
- Passion for working with young people as they learn, struggle, and grow
- Intellectual curiosity and humility, to reflect on and continually grow in teaching practice
- Pedagogy that engages all students deeply in deliberate practice, art appreciation and performance
- Full professional fluency in English
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for the success of every student
Please read first about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you: www.avenues.org/sp.
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English or Portuguese, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo