San Jose, California, United States
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues Silicon Valley plans to open in fall 2021 in San Jose, serving students from nursery through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues: The World School, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility. From early childhood through 5th grade, students enroll in either Spanish or Mandarin language immersion, and across all grade levels, learning is project- and inquiry-based, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary study. As at every Avenues campus, students are challenged to take ownership of their learning from a young age and to develop the critical and creative thinking skills necessary to understand and solve global-scale problems.
The Director of Operations ensures that all operational aspects of Avenues Silicon Valley function smoothly and efficiently. S/he nurtures an operations culture that is relentlessly focused on high quality service and continually improving the experience of teachers and families. This role ensures everything behind the scenes runs smoothly so all students, faculty and staff can do their best work. The person filling this role works closely with all major functional areas and sets a standard for service to students and families that influences the entire organization. This is a unique opportunity to build a new campus from the ground up and be part of a multi-campus school system.
Build a thriving operations team
- Hire a team of top-performing operations staff for each division and ensure they are onboarded with the information and training they need to superbly support their divisions
- Build and nurture an operations culture that is relentlessly focused on high quality service and improving the experience of teachers and families
- Ensure that operations team have the right guidance, tools and skills to prioritize appropriately and deliver high quality operations services throughout the year
- Assume primary responsibility for central services such as facilities, security, food and nursing
- Partner closely with division heads to support the ongoing development of each divisional operations team member
Ensure smoothly functioning school operations
- Ensure the campus is operational for each phase in its opening and operating lifecycle
- Develop school-wide systems that are consistent, sensible, user-friendly, and efficient and ensure that all operational needs are met throughout the school year
- Systematically prioritize, re-prioritize and solve innumerable systems and operational issues, both those that are predictable and those that are surprises.
- Identify mission critical systems and implement risk reduction and back-up recovery plans.
- Make certain that the campus is at all times compliant with city, state, and accreditor regulations
- Build a culture where all members of the campus team are involved in actively managing risk
- Participate in thoughtful budget setting and in budget compliance.
- 8+ years of professional experience, with 3+ in operations in a school or education setting; teaching experience strongly preferred
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion and influence
- Ability to serve several audiences including students, parents, colleagues, vendors, regulators, etc.
- Track record of both developing strategies to meet goals and executing effectively on that strategy; great planner with excellent follow through
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual English/Spanish speaking ability is a plus
- Track record of building effective teams and managing them to results
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Passion for education; experience in high quality schools is a major plus
Learn more at https://avenues.org and apply through https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a cover letter in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Silicon Valley would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo