São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Secondary Division (São Paulo)
Position: Avenues Language Learning Intensive - Secondary Division
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Start: January 2020
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school offering a truly global education opened in São Paulo in August 2018 and will be expanding to other global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Avenues Language Learning Intensive will open its first semester in January 2020. A small team of colleagues will work with a cohort of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students to sharpen and develop their English reading, writing, and speaking through a task- and project-based interdisciplinary curriculum co-developed by the faculty and a team of experts. In this semester-long onboarding program, faculty will also:
- Ensure that students achieve key learning outcomes, targeting instruction to address individual needs
- Successfully support students' linguistic needs in all grade levels, through a variety of different well-planned and evidence-based strategies
- Build a learning atmosphere that leads students to feel part of a challenging and joyful learning community
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues to design interdisciplinary projects and continually deepen student learning
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
Our founding ALLI teachers at Avenues will bring all or most of the following:
- A deep understanding of language development and all the nuances involved to be able to target specific support to different students, at different levels
- Recent experience in an academic program tailored to contemporary approaches in language acquisition and assessment
- A strong ability to develop students into passionate, curious and skillful readers and writers, by engaging them in interesting, meaningful and challenging work
- Extensive classroom teaching experience with clear evidence of student learning and growth
- A remarkable entrepreneurial drive, creativity and ability to bring new ideas to fruition
- Intellectual curiosity and humility, to reflect on and continually grow in teaching practice
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for the success of every student
- Fluency in Portuguese and/or Korean is a plus
Please read first about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you: www.avenues.org/sp.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Voltar ao topo