Tuition for 2019-20
Grades Nursery - 12
Avenues’ annual tuition is comprehensive and inclusive of:
- Books and materials
- Lunch and snacks
- Athletic uniforms
- All field trips
- Transport to/from activities
- Educational technology (e.g. iPads and MacBooks)
With the exception of optional supplementary program fees such as personal café charges, after-school enrichment programs, summer camp, international programs and transportation to and from school, Avenues does not assess additional fees or seek contributions for initiation, athletics, building funds, capital funds or scholarships.
Small World Program
Annual tuition is comprehensive and inclusive of:
- Field trips
Avenues seeks to build a student body that reflects the diversity of each community it serves. As our mission states, we aim to be, “humble about [our] gifts and generous of spirit.” In addition to the work done by our students, staff and parents through Avenues community engagement initiatives, our financial assistance program is one more manifestation of that commitment. For the 2019–20 school year, Avenues provided more than $11 million in aid to families who qualified for financial aid.
At Avenues New York, financial aid is available for grades kindergarten through 12th grade. We encourage you to consider Avenues even if you cannot afford the full cost of tuition, as financial aid may be available. Our team is committed to helping you navigate this process.
The primary responsibility for tuition rests with the family, and each family is expected to fully utilize its own resources before requesting financial aid. Avenues recognizes the uniqueness of each situation and tailors aid packages to meet the demonstrated needs of each qualified family.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- We realize that the cost of tuition is well beyond the financial reach of many families. For those who demonstrate financial need, Avenues offers a comprehensive program of financial aid.
- Even if you think you don’t qualify for financial aid, please talk to us. We want to partner with you as you think through the options available to make an Avenues education a reality for your family.
- Financial aid is not awarded as a merit-based scholarship. This means that your child’s academic performance does not affect your eligibility for financial aid. Awards are based solely on the family’s financial profile.
- Avenues utilizes School and Student Services (SSS), a qualified, experienced third-party company, to provide analysis and guidance in determining a family’s contribution and potential award.
Please Note: Financial aid is not available for students in the Small World Program, Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines
First Choice Round
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Indicate your intention to apply for financial aid on your preliminary application form.
Complete Parents' Financial Statement
Visit School and Student Services (SSS) to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
SSS has been administering financial aid to independent schools since 1968, in collaboration with the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and currently works with over 1,700 schools to help determine a family’s ability to pay school costs. The service gives Avenues an estimate of the amount your family can contribute to educational expenses, which Avenues then uses independently to determine the amount of aid you receive.
Upload your 2018 Federal Income Tax Forms (1040 and all schedules) and W-2s or 1099s to the secure SSS portal. Business owners are required to upload all forms filed including, if applicable, form 1065, 1120S or K-1.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
Explore timely insights into global education from our campuses on three continents.
View our directory of contacts, including Avenues’ headquarters and our global campuses.
back to top