São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Position: Director of Technology
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Start Date: June 2020
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World School is widely recognized for our sophisticated use of technology for learning and innovative global school concept, with campuses connected across multiple continents through technology. Now, our Avenues São Paulo campus is seeking a new Director of Technology. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an entrepreneurial, collaborative leader with deep abilities as an educator, people manager, and technologist to manage and enhance the environment at Avenues São Paulo.
The Director of Technology will ensure that technology effectively supports innovative teaching, learning and daily operations. S/he also leads a team of talented technology integrators, system administrators, and IT support staff committed to the operation of our campus and to the successful technology use by every member of our community.
The Information Systems and Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education, operations, and technology. With the advantages of modern technology and a highly-talented global team, they share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education, operations, and technology. With the advantages of modern technology and a highly-talented global team, they share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities in supporting Academic Excellence and Campus Infrastructure and, as such, will be expected to:
Select, support and implement technologies that best contribute achieving the campus’s short- and long-term goals
- Partner with, influence and support other campus and global leaders to embrace and best utilize information technology at Avenues
- Build and maintain a highly engaged, effective team of technology staff, including technology integration, technology support, campus infrastructure and library and media
- Collaborate with division and department directors (academic, admissions, business, registrar, library, etc.) to identify and support technological needs in their areas
- Develop and manage technical projects and programs assigned by the VP, Information Systems & Technology
- Lead technology planning, implementation, and troubleshooting as needed to successfully support the Sao Paulo campus
- Partner and work with Facilities team and partners to build the local campus infrastructure and ensure ongoing operations runs flawlessly
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis, operations or equivalent experience
10+ years experience at the intersection of technology and education/learning
- Ability to attract top talent and build effective teams that do great things together
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking pre-determined paths to success
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion and influence
- Keen intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization’s success
- Strong understanding of usability practices, information design, hierarchical analysis, architecture design
Fluent in English - Mandatory
- Fluent in Portuguese – Strong Plus
Please read first about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you:www.avenues.org/sp
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues New York would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
Explore timely insights into global education from our campuses on three continents.
View our directory of contacts, including Avenues’ headquarters and our global campuses.
back to top